VIRTUAL FLOWER AND VEGETABLE COMPETITION
JULY 6 TO AUGUST 28
COMPETITION RULES AND PRIZES
Due to the pandemic, our traditional competition is not possible. Instead we are having an online competition. This competition will take place over several weeks and feature different competition categories. All members are invited to take pictures of the flowers and vegetables for each of the competition categories and submit them online.
The category for Week Two is Arrangements - "Mugger" - Any arrangement made in a coffee mug.
- Contestants must be current members in 2020.
- Contestants agree to allow the Society to post the pictures on our website and Facebook pages.
- The competition will run for 8 weeks.
- Contestants may only submit one photo per category.
- Each submission must include identification of the plant – both the common and botanical names.
- Photos must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the Friday of the week for the photo category.
- Photos must be submitted online to email@example.com
- Photos must be taken this year – 2020
- We recommend that photos be taken on cell phones if possible.
- A panel of judges will be formed to review all entries in each category and determine the winner of the prize.
- Contestants may only win one prize.
- Winners will be announced at the end of the 8 week competition.
- Please note: The decision of the panel of judges is final.
- The prize for each category will be a gift certificate to one of our sponsors.
- Prizes will be mailed to the winners after the 8 week competition is complete.